Do you know what you don’t know?
You bring to your new business a wealth of knowledge and expertise in particular areas. Perhaps you know about structural engineering or fine French cuisine. But running a business requires you to be an expert in a number of areas that may not be your strong suit. Tax rules, the CRA or Revenu Quebec and employment requirements, among others. Different levels of government expect you to know all the rules from day one. As a My StartUp CFIB member, you have access to our dedicated team of Business Resources Counsellors who have years of experience helping business owners just like you navigate the myriad requirements, forms and processes that are part of running a business. We answer the phone with a live, friendly, supportive voice. We promise never to make you "press one".
What can we help with?
- Deciding whether you should incorporate – or not
- Understanding tax and employment rules
- Knowing who to contact in government for particular problems
- Understanding confusing government forms
- Intervening on your behalf when you have an issue with government agencies
- Lending a sympathetic ear and assisting when things get frustrating
As someone starting a new business, I am so glad that I decided to join CFIB. I have already raved to a few people how fantastic the service and support has been.