Save money, save time, save headaches!
At My StartUp, we leverage the buying power of the CFIB membership — 109,000 strong — to negotiate great deals on products and services your business needs to thrive.
It’s not just about saving money. We thoroughly do our homework so you don’t have to. We scour the marketplace to identify the most service-oriented providers in their categories; those who are hungry to not only acquire, but retain your business.
We kick the tires, and look under the hood to ensure their products are top-notch, and as advertised — we know how much you hate, and can ill-afford, surprises. In a world where the fine print can kill your business, CFIB offers some of the best discounts around, and makes sure you get the deal you thought you were getting.
Finally, we stand behind you – with a team of liaison officers. While our program partners are selected to meet the highest service standards, if you ever have problems getting the answers or solutions you need, we will intervene and advocate on your behalf. Help is always just one quick phone call or email away.
It’s all yours with a My StartUp membership. Below are a few of our most popular programs...
Business is personal: grow your business with trusted advice & reduced banking fees.
For new start-ups in particular, Scotiabank understands that business is personal! How can it not be with all the time, energy, creativity, expertise and passion you’ve invested in your fledgling venture? That’s why Scotiabank not only provides My StartUp members with discounts on their small business, commercial and personal banking services, but they also provide the personal touch and guidance of a dedicated Small Business Advisor.*
Your Advisor will help guide your business development, and provide solutions to suit your needs today and as your business grows.
Savings you can reinvest in your growing business:
- Business accounts get a 20% discount on standard monthly fees.
- Loan application fees are waived on certain business loan products.
- Interest rate reduced on term loans and lines of credit.
- Monthly fee reduced for overdraft protection.
It’s not complicated: Scotiabank and My StartUp help keep your expenses in check while you focus on cultivating your small business. To get started, follow these steps:
- Let them know you’ve signed up as a My StartUp member, or that you’re considering a membership.
- Ask how quality advice and services at reduced rates for My StartUp members can improve your bottom line.
Enjoy the benefits of Canada’s most successful business banking affinity program by signing up for My StartUp today. If you are already a member of My StartUp, call 1-877-878-1473 to schedule a meeting with a Scotiabank Small Business Advisor at a branch near you.
Consult with your Scotiabank Small Business Advisor for full program details.
®Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
A simple, affordable and feature-rich solution to build and host your website.
BarkBuilder—a proud Canadian company—is changing the landscape when it comes to the way businesses manage a website. No matter your level of sophistication, or the unique needs of your business, BarkBuilder is an incredibly flexible solution to build and host your website or online store. Let BarkBuilder help unleash the power of the internet for your business.
Get all the bark, without the bite...
Recognizing that technology solutions are complicated enough, My StartUp has worked with BarkBuilder to create two simple, but highly flexible and powerful solution packages for My StartUp members:
A basic, yet flexible website solution providing you with six web pages to use however you like.
$250 yearly | $25 monthly
An all-in, unlimited website solution including full e-commerce capability, for a low, flat fee.
Either way, you get a simple, versatile and professional-looking website that is securely hosted and supported with a high level of service backed by My StartUp.
And if you choose to start with the Web Essentials, you can seamlessly upgrade to Ultimate Web, offering unlimited room for content, at any time. With Ultimate Web, you can also launch a rich and highly sophisticated e-commerce solution, with a bilingual shopping cart, at no additional cost.
COMPLETE DESIGN CONTROL - HOSTED & SECURE - ROBUST TECHNOLOGY
- Smart themes automatically optimize presentation on mobile devices
- Use existing themes & template designs or create your own
- Help with securing a new domain name, or transfer of an existing one
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Powerful content management capabilities
- Real-time website statistics
- Great customer service
Plus, drag and drop modules allow you to insert different types of content in an organized and consistent style, including:
- Audio Á Video
- Social Media Integration
- Events Calendar
- Photo Galleries
- Document/Resource Galleries
- Secure Intranet
Unleash BarkBuilder for your business today!
Your next web project awaits you, so make building it easier by signing up for My StartUp!
Harness the power of email marketing for your business
For most business owners and their staff, marketing is a necessary evil. You know you need to do it, but you lack:
- marketing and technical expertise
- time to figure it all out and then manage it on an ongoing basis, and
- the marketing budget needed to make a big splash.
Based upon its cost efficiency, email marketing seems like the way to go, but you know little about it, and even less about Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) other than it is something to be concerned about.
Cyberimpact—eMail marketing for non-marketers!
Cyberimpact is an awesome, all-Canadian email marketing solution designed for non-marketers. No technical skills are required. Simply import your contacts, choose your template and create your mailing. Make Cyberimpact your secret marketing weapon for:
- growing sales
- keeping customers and prospects informed and engaged
- building customer loyalty and soliciting referrals
What makes Cyberimpact so special?
Its arguably the simplest email marketing software available, allowing you to create spectacular emails in minutes:
- Digital greeting cards, and more.
- Their Autoresponder allows you to automate communications based upon rules you establish. Simply set it and forget it.
- Tools and tips for building your contact list.
- CASL and CAN-SPAM compliant.
- Real-time performance statistics and analytics.
Start for free, then get 50% off Cyberimpact’s already competitive rates
|- UNLIMITED MAILINGS -|
|Number of Contacts||Monthly Fee|
|1 - 250||FREE|
|251 - 500||$5.00|
|501 - 1,000||$7.50|
|1,001 - 1,500||$10.00|
|1,501 - 2,000||$12.50|
|2,001 - 2,500||$15.00|
|2,501 - 5,000||$22.50|
|5,001 - 7,500||$32.50|
|7,501 - 10,000||$37.50|
|10,001 - 15,000||$50.00|
|15,001 - 20,000||$62.50|
|20,001 - 25,000||$75.00|
CFIB members receive 50% off Cyberimpacts standard rates. You are charged each month for the total number of contacts (email addresses) residing in your Cyberimpact contact database and not the actual number of emails you send. As a result, you can send as many emails as you want each month without increasing your cost.
As the size of your contact list grows (or shrinks), your monthly fee is automatically adjusted and is conveniently billed to your credit card.
No long-term contracts
Cyberimpact is billed monthly with no long-term commitment. You can cancel at any time.
Start email marketing with CyberImpact by signing up for My StartUp today. If you are already a My StartUp member, please call 1 877 309-2710 to get started!
Payment processing tailored to your needs now, and as your business grows.
Chase Paymentech offers My StartUp members a range of payment processing products and services, along with industry-leading support and technology. And, preferred rates and conditions for My StartUp members mean a lower cost for accepting credit and debit cards.1
Tier 1 Mastercard Rates
Recognizing the collective buying power of CFIB’s 109,000 members who generate well over $3 billion in annual Mastercard sales — Mastercard Canada has agreed to match its top tier rates for CFIB members — a rate otherwise reserved for a handful of Canada’s biggest merchants. My StartUp members can benefit from the CFIB special Mastercard rate that provides a 12.5% savings from Mastercard’s base “electronic” rate, and as much as a 22% savings on some premium cards, as charged by Mastercard to Chase Paymentech (or other payment processors.) As reflected in their rates below, Chase Paymentech is committed to passing 100% of these interchange savings to qualifying My StartUp members.
Visa and Mastercard
|MERCHANT DISCOUNT RATES||NEW RATES AS OF APRIL 3|
|Industry Specific Rates for CDN $ Accounts.||Consumer Electronic (for most CDN $ Accounts)||1.44%||1.46%||1.44%||1.28%
Reflects CFIB special Mastercard rate
(Visa) Everyday Needs
(Mastercard) Everyday Spend
|N/A||1.40%||As of Apr 21, 2017
|Additional Fees for CDN $ and US $ Accounts||Assessment Fee||0.080%||0.077%||0.080%||0.077%|
|Acquirer License Fee||N/A||0.007%||N/A||0.007%|
|Non-Qualified Transaction Processing Fee||0.27%||0.25%|
|Interchange Differential||Passed through at cost, as set by Visa and Mastercard||Passed through at cost, as set by Visa and Mastercard|
- 5 cents per transaction
- Interac Switch fee included
- No added “Network Fee”
|Other Fees||CDN Dollar Accounts||U.S. Dollar Accounts|
|Monthly administration fee||$3.95 (regular $9.95)||$3.95 (regular $9.95)|
|Account setup fees||Waived||$50.00 (waived if merchant has $CDN account)|
|Account renewal fees||Waived||$25.00 (waived if merchant has $ CDN account)|
|Visa/Mastercard application fee||Waived||$25.00 each (waived if merchant has $ CDN account)|
|Funds transfer fee or Push fee||None||None|
|Visa/Mastercard transaction fee (each)||None||$0.20|
|Fee for a non Visa, Mastercard or Interac transaction (each)||$0.08||$0.25|
|Monthly minimum discount (for each of Visa and Mastercard)||$8.00 (Waived as of April 3rd)||$20.00 (Waived as of April 3rd)|
|Visa/Mastercard Fees for Transactions with cards not issued in Canada or in a foreign currency (passed through at cost by Chase Paymentech)||Contact Chase Paymentech|
- Members who wish to obtain payment processing services from Chase Paymentech must submit an application. All applications are subject to Chase Paymentech’s standard approval policies and procedures, including without limitation credit approval and entering into a Merchant Agreement with Chase Paymentech. Certain conditions apply. Proof of membership status with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) will be required.
- This Merchant Discount Rate (“MDR”) applies to Canadian transactions that qualify at the Consumer Electronic Interchange Level (“Qualified Transactions”) as set by Visa and Mastercard. Your eligibility for a particular MDR rate is dependent on the nature of your business as determined by Visa and Mastercard. Contact Chase Paymentech Merchant Support at: 1 800 265-5158 for additional details.
- This Merchant Discount Rate (“MDR”) applies to US transactions that qualify at the Foreign Consumer Standard Interchange Level (“Qualified Transactions”) only. US Dollar transactions payable in USD.
- For all Canadian and US transactions that are not Qualified Transactions (“Non Qualified Transactions”), you will be charged the applicable MDR, the difference in interchange (if interchange is higher) for processing the Non-Qualified Transaction and the Non-Qualified Transaction Processing Fee set out above.
- All fees and rates are subject to change as set out in the Merchant Agreement.
Fee structure and amounts vary greatly by payment processor. You can’t just look at the Merchant Discount Rate; it’s critical you understand your Total Cost of Acceptance, which is the combined cost for all credit and debit fees including administration and equipment charges. Chase Paymentech is committed to demystifying and minimizing your Total Cost of Acceptance.
POS Terminal Feesi
Whether you need a compact and robust POS device for your countertop, short-range wireless for Pay-at-the-Table convenience, or you require long-range processing on the go, Chase Paymentech has a terminal to fit your business – all with preferred pricing for MSU members.
|Countertop||Monthly Rental Fee iii||One-time Set-up Fee/Terminal|
Ingenico ICT220 with IPP320 PIN pad
VeriFone VX820 Duet
VeriFone VX520 with VX820 PIN pad
Short and long-range wireless (includes airtime)
|Shot and long-range wireless (includes airtime) ii||Monthly Rental Fee iii||One-time Set-up Fee/Terminal|
Ingenico IWL220 Bluetooth Communication Base (Short-Range)
Ingenico IWL220 Bluetooth Charging Base (Short-Range)
Ingenico IWL250 3G (Long-Range)
|Other Fees||Monthly Rental Feeiii||One-time Set-up Fee/Terminal|
|Touch Tone Capture||$5.95||N/A|
- US Dollar accounts require a separate Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal. For more details contact Chase Paymentech.
- Terminals may not be exactly as shown.
- Price per device/service, per month, plus applicable taxes. Product availability and pricing are subject to change at any time without notice.
A customer-driven experience
- Personalized guidance to help you select and set up payment options that match your needs.
- Simple, straightforward monthly statements.
- Direct deposit to your bank of choice.
- Bilingual customer service available 24/7 from one of Canada’s leading merchant service providers.
- Secure, innovative technology to protect your transactions.
- Ethical service: compliance with Code of Conduct for Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada.
Connecting you to the people and information you need to grow your business.
SelectCom offers My StartUp members the best of all worlds — network reliability and leading-edge technology, combined with the pricing and service excellence you would expect from an entrepreneurial, customer-focused organization eager to earn your trust and your business. That is why their focus is on matching customer needs with the right technology solution; now and as your business grows.
No term contract means complete flexibility!
Unlike the large phone and cable monopolies who “force” your loyalty by locking you into a long-term contract, SelectCom earns your loyalty through affordable pricing, thoughtful solutions, and consistently great customer service.
Fully Featured Business Lines — $30 monthly*
Select IP VoIP Business Lines — $20 monthly*
- Unlimited Canadian long distance
- 400 minutes of US long distance per account
- Call transferring
- Voicemail and voice to email
- “Find me – follow me”
- Plus, many more features
*$37/month in “tariff” areas of Ontario and Quebec.
High Speed Internet4 — starting at $40 monthly†
- Unlimited data transfer
- Static IP
Long Distance and 1-800 — 1.5¢ / minute†
- Flat rate3 for Canadian and US calls and 1-800 service
- Great discounts on overseas calling
*$37/month in “tariff” areas of Ontario and Quebec.
†All services subject to availability. $5 monthly account fee applies.
SelectCom experts recommend solutions based on your needs. Have them complete a review and analysis—it’s free, quick and easy!
Join My StartUp today to sign up for telecom services tailored to your business needs. If you’re already a member of My StartUp, call 1-866-364-3936 to activate the SelectCom program.
- For analogue business lines, where service is available, you can almost always keep your existing telephone number. For Select IP and fax to email, in a minority of cases, existing telephone numbers cannot be ported. Consult SelectCom for more information.
- There are fees to program this feature. Consult SelectCom for more information.
- Long distance calls to area code 867 are subject to a fair use clause.
- In some circumstances, an additional charge for dry loop service may be required. Consult SelectCom for more information.
Payroll shouldn’t be stressful, or time consuming. There is an easier way.
Payworks is partnered with My StartUp to give you discounted pricing on a suite of online payroll services.
Tailor a solution to your unique payroll needs: Payworks offers smart, practical and trusted solutions for all things payroll-related, including human resources and employee time management.
For simple payroll needs: perfect for a business with fewer than 10 employees on the payroll.
A comprehensive yet straightforward tool for a business with more than 10 employees on the payroll.
Both options include direct deposit, year-end filing and support, records of employment, and online employee self-service.
Additional payroll solutions*
Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
Manage your employees easily with these vital reporting functions:
- Employee information
- Compensation and benefits
- Absence management
Your My StartUp membership entitles you to a discount on HRMS pricing and implementation fees: pricing starts at $0.30 per employee per pay period, based on two-week pay periods.
Employee Time Management (ETM)
The ETM offering is a reporting service covering all aspects of employee time management: labour costs, attendance, tracking, scheduling, and vacation.
Pricing and implementation fees for My StartUp members are discounted, starting at $0.45 per employee per pay period, based on two-week pay periods. Discounts are also available on optional hardware and software upgrades.
Enjoy your discount on payroll processing by signing up for My StartUp today. If you are already a member of My StartUp, call Payworks at 1 888 968-1488 to start your payroll program.
*These are not provided as separate, standalone services: they are available only in conjunction with the Flexible-And-Affordable payroll option. These additional payroll solutions are all integrated into the Flexible-And-Affordable option. The Flexible-And-Affordable discount pricing extends the 40% discount to all of Payworks’ services, including HRMS and ETM.
Canadian-owned Payworks is an emerging national leader in the field of total workforce management solutions. All Payworks staff, systems and data are located in Canada. Your business' confidential information is safe and never leaves the country.
A one-stop, online shop to save on courier shipping through ZoomShipR.
No one shipping company can offer you the best deal on every shipment you make and who has time to compare multiple quotes? Let ZoomShipR do the work for you, so you can focus on running your business.
Compare rates, schedule pickups, print shipping labels, and manage all of your shipments in one place. And as a My StartUp member, you’ll save up to 30% off published courier rates.
Exclusive to My StartUp members, ZoomShipR is an intuitive online shipping tool that compares rates to give you the best deal on courier and LTL (“less than truckload”) shipping.
Save on shipping
- A clearinghouse for shipping, ZoomShipR lets you compare rates from Canpar®, Purolator®, FedEx Express® DHL® and Dicom, as well as a host of LTL carriers. You can save up to 30% off carrier list prices.
- From postcards to pallets, ZoomShipR gives you a cross-section of local, national, and international shipping options so you’ll know you’re getting the best possible rate.
Save on time
- The shipping interface is easy to navigate so you spend less time shipping and more time growing your business. In most cases, you can process shipments in under a minute: enter your specs, choose a rate, print your shipping label, and ship away.
Ship more and save more: ZoomShipR Rebate Credits
- Like a frequent flyer program for shipping: the more you ship, the more you save.
- For every dollar you spend* on ZoomShipR, you receive 5% back in Rebate Credits that accumulate throughout the year. After each full year, your Rebate Credits are automatically applied to your new shipments until the value of your Rebate Credit has been used up.
Start shipping and start saving with ZoomShipR by signing up for My StartUp today. If you are already a My StartUp member, please call 1 877 309-2710 to get started!
*Rebate Credits are calculated on the base freight charges and fuel surcharges. Other accessorial fees, taxes and other charges are not included. Additional Terms and Conditions apply. ®Registered trademark of Canpar Courier. ®Registered trademark of Purolator Inc. ®Registered trademark of Federal Express Corporation. ®Registered trademark of DHL International GmbH.